New Testament Christians first met in Liberty in 1932 at Liberty High School. Growth continued until our first building was built on the corner of Webster and Fannin streets in 1938. A second, larger building was built in 1959 at the corner of Cos and Fannin streets. Our current building, the congregation's third, was completed in 1984 and expanded in 2003.
Several well-known ministers helped establish the character of the Liberty Church of Christ. Men like Jim Dobbs, Tom Warren and James LeFan left their indelible marks of love for truth and love for the lost. Our current minister is Don Prather, assisted and encouraged by his wife Janie.
We now have 160-175 regularly attending members. Capable leadership has marked our history, and we are led by five elders and six deacons. In addition to our local evangelistic efforts, we support international evangelistic efforts in Romania and Nepal. As part of our ministry of benevolence, we operate the local Food bank and support orphans homes like Medina Children's Home. Our annual activities include summer "church camp," Vacation Bible School, a Free Fall festival for the community, Homecoming, and the "Nepal Summit."